Orbital ATK Careers
Sr. Technical Writer & Editor
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Education and Experience
Work directly with Engineers, Technicians and QA to define and improve processes, procedures, and workflows. Interface and collaborate with cross-functional departments to fully understand products, procedures and processes as well as equipment/machinery to develop Work Instructions using MES software using excellent Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure accuracy by reviewing documents for completeness and proper authorization for approvals
- Coordinate revisions, reviews and approvals
- Interprets and enforces all documentation formatting, standards, policies, and operating procedure requirements
- Analyze and evaluate data, extract pertinent information, prepare required documents
- Ensures a controlled documentation system with record retention
- Assures procedures are in place to quantify appropriate Work Instructions
- Maintain extensive knowledge of product information and continuous contacts with team members
- Will also call upon to perform other Manufacturing duties related to processes
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, and release on time
- Ensure that documents meet standards for quality, format and style
- Assist in establishing style guidelines and standards for WI in MES
- May assist in the training of staff
- Perform data management and track documents
- Perform related Manufacturing processes duties as assigned or required.
Position requires a Bachelor's Degree and four years of related experience.
Emphasis on working in a controlled industry is preferred. Ability to understand new processes/systems and put them into written format. Demonstrates analytical problem solving skills. Demonstrates ability to explain complex concepts with clarity and simplicity. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills Ability to work on several projects at the same time with changing priorities. Must be assertive and resourceful.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years