Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Test Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Engineering Lead of the Gilbert EMI/EMC test facility which specializes in MIL-STD-461 testing of spaceflight hardware. Test articles include components, and full satellite systems for commercial, NASA, and other government agency customers. The preferred candidate will have an undergraduate educational background that includes advanced topics in electromagnetics with an ability to put those theories to practical use in a highly efficient lab environment. The EMI/EMC Test Engineer coordinates with program design engineers to efficiently engineer, plan, document and execute all testing in our state-of-the-art EMI/EMC Test Facility. Test engineering efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Test equipment selection, including sensitivity, signal-to-noise, and maximum power analysis based on test requirements and equipment capability.
- Equipment under test (EUT) to test chamber interfacing, including power and signal cabling from support equipment to the test article, EUT, antenna, and probe placement in the chamber.
- Test procedure development as well as test script development using ETS Lindgren TILE EMI/EMC test software.
- Detailed test planning and execution, with timely test report generation and delivery.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Physics with 5 years’ relevant experience working in an EMI/EMC test facility.
- Experience with EMI/EMC design and test, specifically related to MIL-STD-461, experience with ETS Lindgren TILE EMI/EMC test software script development.
- Experience or Coursework in EMI/EMC design and test – Conducted vs radiated coupling paths, emissions vs susceptibility interactions, identifying sources and victims, near field vs far field interference solutions, shielding and filtering mitigation techniques, noise source spectrum and time domain predictions.
- Fundamental understanding of electromagnetics in the following areas:
- Antenna design – basic fundamentals in design of monopole, dipole, Yagi, LPDA, microstrip patch, aperture/horn, and reflector/dish antennas. Near field vs far field boundaries, directivity, efficiency, gain, VSWR, element and array factors.
- Fundamentals of microwave engineering – S-parameters and transmission line theory.
- Microwave device and network design – Microwave amplifier and matching network design, input and output stability.
- Signal processing – basic modulation techniques and resultant frequency domain energy distributions.
- Basic knowledge and some hands-on experience with electronic lab equipment including DMMs, Oscilloscopes, power supplies.
- Experience with space flight hardware, including adherence to ESD and contamination control protocols.
- Engineering Design Experience
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years