Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Subcontracts Administrator
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Senior Subcontracts Administrator in our Supply Chain department for our Baltimore, Maryland office.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
Under minimal to no supervision, procures and manages medium to high value and risk subcontracts. Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and service. Manage supplier performance from award through close-out. Interface with Supply Chain Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving and Program Management. Interacts with supplier's Contracts Representative and perhaps Executive Management during performance. May mentor junior staff members. Signature authority commensurate with level of experience and responsibility as defined in the Group's Authorized Signature List and would require delegation of authority for any order greater than signature authority, when required.
- Review Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ)/Request for Proposal (RFP) and identify sources eligible to receive RFQ/RFP for complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Under minimal or no supervision, evaluate suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact find suppliers' proposals.
- Under minimal or no supervision, participate in the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Under minimal or no supervision, Perform a cost and/or price analyses to determine price reasonableness.
- Under minimal or no supervision, negotiate with suppliers on price, schedule, and terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Make subcontract awards to suppliers and document the subcontract folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures. May administer subcontracts issued by a more senior subcontract professional, such as an order placement against a strategic agreement/long term agreement.
- Manage supplier performance during the performance, including but not limited to following-up delivery schedule, process invoices and Subcontract Data Requirements (SDRL) and/or resolve any contractual issues. Under minimum supervision, perform subcontract close-out.
- May provide proposal support.
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills, working knowledge in the government acquisition process, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), NASA (NFS), positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visible and critical tasks simultaneously, excellent organization, negotiations, communication (oral and written) skills, and ability to mentor junior staff of varying levels of experience.
- Independently lead teleconferences, status meetings and presentations with suppliers and internal customers.
- Be willing to travel approximately 10% of time within Missile Products locations and also supplier visits
- CPSR experience, Costpoint, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Education and Experience
BS & 5 years or equivalent combination of education & experience
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Inventory Management, Logistics, Material/Planning, Project Management, Financial Analysis, Contract Negotiation, Supply Chain, Government Regulations, Customer Focus, Business Analysis, Written/Verbal Communication, Vendor Relationship Management, Communication Skills, Distribution