Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
Orbital ATK, Defense Group, is seeking a Finance Manager at our Small Caliber Systems Division (SCS) located in Lake City, MO.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
This individual must be able to interface consistently in a professional and organized manner with internal and external business partners while functioning in an environment characterized by frequently changing priorities. The candidate must be able to analyze and respond to complex requests and issues. The individual will work closely with Director of Finance, Program Management, Division Management, Business Segment Managers, Accounting and Finance Organizations to provide relevant, accurate and timely financial data. The individual must be able to function both as a leader, member of a team and as a well-organized self-starter.
Responsible for the following program-related activities:
- Perform timely and insightful financial analysis to determine progress against the strategic plan and forecast to evaluate results and ensure integrity of the financial statements
- Interpret and review financial results with management and cross-functional teams, including trends/issues and opportunities to drive actionable responses
- Lead the monthly forecasting and annual strategic planning process for the division
- Working capital management
- Works to build and facilitate cross-functional relationships between Finance and other departments within the division and across the company
- Maintain effective internal controls and ensure regulatory compliance with SEC, DCMA and DCAA requirements
- Defines and implements finance process improvement, standardization and data quality initiatives
- Provide leadership to financial analysts through mentorship, development and training
- Experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, and/or budgeting/forecasting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong GAAP knowledge, financial reporting, cost-to-cost revenue recognition, cash forecasting
- Experience supporting SOX compliance, internal / external audit activities
- Experience with complex overhead rate structures
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time effectively, and make sound decisions in a deadline-driven detail-oriented environment
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office tools required, including advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Cognos reporting software highly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- MBA or CPA preferred
- 7+ years finance / accounting experience
- 3+ years leading and managing finance functional teams
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years