Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Financial Analyst
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Our team is seeking to fill a Sr. Financial Analyst role to lead program cost control, estimate-at-complete (EAC) development, and revenue recognition for the Small Caliber Systems division’s government production program. He/she will interact with multiple groups and functions, including program management, operational leaders, internal and external customers, and others. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Finance.
Responsible for preparing, analyzing and reviewing monthly program forecasts and performance reviews
- Oversight of program performance metrics for tracking program schedule and cost performance
- Provide cost control and financial support to program management and Integrated Program Team (IPT)
- Preparation of monthly journal entries related to the program and program revenue recognition
- Generate and analyze quarterly program EACs, ensuring revenue recognition in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and corporate policies
- Track and manage program billings and cash collections
- Support management reviews and audits on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis consisting of operations, planning, program management and EAC reviews
- Interpreting and reviewing financial results with management and cross-functional teams, including trends/issues and opportunities to drive actionable responses
- Educating management on the use and interpretation of financial reports and metrics
- Identify, research, and provide solutions for data consistency and accuracy issues
- Assist in other standard and ad-hoc analyses and reporting requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with significant accounting coursework and/or experience
- Experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, and/or budgeting/forecasting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in effectively working with management and cross-functional teams
- Solid problem solving skills - able to analyze process and system issues and determine root cause; solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing processes
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and build robust financial models
- Strong attention to detail: list the Orbital ATK ticker symbol on your resume
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of financial systems, SQL and BI reporting tools
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint ERP and IBM Cognos is a plus
- CPA and/or Big 4 experience is a plus
- Experience working for a large manufacturer and/or government contractor is a plus
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years