Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Assurance Specialist - Inspection Technician
Orbital ATK is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist - Inspection Technician for our Mesa, AZ location.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
1) Handle and Inspect raw, in process and finished product following inspection procedures; conduct visual and measurements/ tests; review data packages and certifications; rejecting unacceptable materials.
2) Document inspection results by completing reports in TIPQA and Cost-Point and other tasks / duties as assigned.
3) Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
4) Prefer an individual with inspection and or manufacturing experience on small to large size products. Experience utilizing standard gages and methods to determine product conformance to specifications. Candidate should have the ability to safely handle medium to large sized and weight components with aid of standard handling implements such as carts, lifts and overhead cranes. CMM experience a plus.
- High school or equivalent, 6 years experience
- 4 years of experience within an inspection and or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated background in part manufacturing inspection techniques and equipment
- Previous experience interpreting blue prints, drawings and or manufacturing instructions
- Efficient in computer skills (examples: MS Excel & Word, TIPQA, Costpoint)
- Technical knowledge (mechanical/electrical)
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED