Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is seeking a Quality Engineer for the Mesa, AZ location.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical,
This Quality Engineer position shall support multiple programs and collaborate with engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place to support contract requirements.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to, the following:
- Integrate contractual and Orbital ATK Quality Management System requirements into all aspects of proposals, contract reviews and program processes and documentation.
- Create Customer and Supplier Data Requirement List reports in support of program requirements.
- Conduct labor and material cost estimates in support of Customer / Program requirements relative to quality tasks.
- Identify and flow down quality requirements in support of contract and business requirements.
- Perform Quality Planning to include process and product quality plans as required by program data items in accordance with contractual, company and regulatory requirements.
- Establish acceptance criteria and workmanship standards for product acceptance.
- Perform supplier and internal part/assembly nonconforming material investigations.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action with the suppliers of suspect products and coordinated inspection of material in inventory.
- Perform analysis of non-conformance trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conduct quality assurance tests; and perform statistical analysis to assess responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Participate in Change Control Boards, Integrated Product Teams and build / production / test readiness reviews.
- Generate / support Physical Configuration and Functional Configuration Audits.
- Audit quality system for deficiency identification and correction. Ensure corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Bachelor degree; preferred Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline
- 4 years industry experience
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong problem solving, presentation and technical writing skills.
- Hands on experience with Manufacturing and Assembly processing environment.
- Ability to generate status briefings and present to various management levels.
- Proficient in preparing professional reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities.
- Knowledge of quality principles and tools (problem analysis, statistical tools, design of experiments, reliability, control charts and other quality methodologies) with the ability to train others
- Mustt be a US Citizen
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience using TIPQA or other Quality databases.
- Experience using Cost Point or other MRP/ERP applications.
- Experience using CAD/PLM applications.
- Proficient with regulatory and military standards.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years