Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Design Engineering Supervisor (Must have current and active Secret Clearance)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is looking for a Design Engineering Manager, for our Clearfield, Utah location
Successful candidate will be responsible for leading a group of 10-15 Design Engineers in developing, defining and improving products as measured by customer satisfaction, efficiency of execution, minimum weight, quality consistency, and compliance to requirements.
The successful candidate will report to the Sr. Manager of Design Engineering.
This position is ultimately responsible for creating design products of high performance composite and metallic parts and assemblies in collaboration with an Integrated Product Team.
- Lead team of Design Engineers to develop, define and improve the designs of parts and assemblies in collaboration with an Integrated Product Team
- Review design products for accuracy, completeness and compliance to requirements
- Drive for successful startup of major aerospace assemblies
- Foster environment of cooperation and teamwork with other engineering and non-engineering disciplines and departments (operations, program office, analysis engineering, manufacturing quality engineering, tooling engineering, etc.)
- Champion COE Engineering objectives to achieve business success
- Partner with customers to achieve goals and deliver to technical requirements
- Participate in the development of overall strategies, objectives, and long-term goals of the organization
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment
- Manage execution of the program requirements to cost and schedule objectives
- Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization
- Steadfastly push self and others to achieve company goals
- Champion the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct
- Be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, manage and develop a team of engineers
- Excellent problem solving skills are a must as well as demonstrated experience in leadership of teams in resolving complex technical issues
- Knowledge of Design Standards
- Experience producing design products for composite and metallic parts and assemblies for aerospace applications
- Designing to minimum weight
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) principles and application
- Knowledge of composite terminology, lay-up and cure processes, testing, machining methods and precision bonding and assembly processes
- Knowledge of major assembly processes and design considerations including GD&T and tolerance stack-up analysis
- Knowledge of configuration management best practices
- Excellent communication and technical presentation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and meet program commitments in a highly concurrent engineering environment
- Ability to effectively maneuver through political situation and anticipate roadblocks
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant aerospace manufacturing experience; with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant aerospace manufacturing experience with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field and a master’s degree in a technical field or MBA
- 3+ years’ experience leading technical/professional resources
- Proficiency with Siemens NX Vand Fibersim
- Active DoD Secret Clearance highly preferred with background investigation within five years
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years