Orbital ATK Careers
Sr Manufacturing Engineer III Assembly (Current-Active Security Clearance Required)
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
Support assembly and installation of composite and metallic components into larger aerospace assemblies. Work closely with operations personnel to develop manufacturing solutions and solve production issues component and sub assembly installation, line drilling, power feed drilling, fastened assembly of composite and metallic structures, structural and non-structural bonding, hydraulic component installation, electrical component installation, and functional test of electrical and hydraulic systems. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Active Secret DoD Clearance within 5 ½ years of last investigation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or related and 5 years of applicable experience
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and drawings
- Experience supporting an aerospace manufacturing process with the necessary materials, tooling, and equipment
- Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc)
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing procedures
- Experience planning and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Aerospace assembly and component installation experience including drilling and fastened assembly experience
- Structural and non-structural bonding experience
- Experience with systems installation (hydraulic and electrical systems)
- Experience in the use of NX 10
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years