Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Material Program Administrator
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Aerospace Structures Division is seeking an experienced Materiel Manager to support its rapidly growing military structures business. This position will support the execution of programs within the Strategic Programs Business Segment. The successful candidate will have full responsibility and authority to ensure that the materiel requirements of all strategic programs are successfully executed. The position contains the following roles and responsibilities:
- Member of the Strategic Programs Segment Leadership Team with dual reporting relationships to the Division Director of Supply Chain Management and the Vice President of Strategic Programs.
- Coordinates with Aerospace Structures Division COE’s and strategic suppliers as necessary to support successful strategic programs execution.
- Leads team of material, component, hardware and tooling buyers to ensure achievement of Strategic Programs cost and schedule requirements.
- Leads Integrated Product Team to provide necessary technical, manufacturing, and business support in identifying low cost suppliers, and utilizing the IPTs, bringing the low cost suppliers up to technical and qualification standards and production rate requirements of our programs.
- Coordinates with internal team and supply base as required to ensure timely information exchange (schedules, giver/receivers, action items, interchange meetings, etc.) in support of technical, quality and schedule requirements.
- Member of Risk/Opportunity Boards, Program Change Control Board (PCCB), Design Change Control Board (CCB), and Systems Integration Team (SIT).
- Defines and communicates program sourcing and purchasing strategies and influences team to ensure execution.
- Leads Make/Buy process for our strategic programs
- Understands and facilitates the establishment of cost and lead time standards and metrics to be used for schedule updates, EAC updates, proposals, cost trades and make/buy decisions and coordinates closely with Materiel Control Account Managers (CAMs) to help ensure accurate cost accounting of all materials is performed. Program and COE focal point for this information.
- Supports internal and customer Program Reviews, leadership meetings and technical exchange meetings as required.
- Provides oversight to Integrated Product Team (IPT) Engineering to ensure that sufficient information is provided in product designs and specifications to allow successful procurement and manufacture of purchased items.
- Coordinates closely with material planning and production control groups to ensure stock-outs and over-stock conditions do not occur, and works with suppliers when needed to improve lead times or minimum purchase quantities to avoid these conditions.
- Establishes, generates and tracks metrics to communicate material status, road blocks, risks and opportunities to COEs and Program Office. Leads efforts as applicable to mitigate risk and capture opportunities.
- Identifies alternate and new suppliers and works with ASD’s material quality organization to qualify new suppliers for addition to the ASL (Approved Supplier List) and ensure qualification to applicable special processor requirements.
- Works with suppliers and customers to develop beneficial relationships and Long Term Agreements.
- Works directly with suppliers to understand, manage and reduce program and production risks associated with procured items. Communicates changes to and new program risks associated with procured items.
- Leads team of IPT Engineering, Supply Chain and Supplier QA to find and implement creative and effective ways to improve delivery lead times, recurring cost and quality of procured items.
- Coordinates closely with Supplier Quality, IPT Engineering and suppliers to identify, implement and validate corrective actions when necessary to Ensure compliance with internal, customer, and government requirements with respect to purchasing standards and processes including but not limited to FAR, DFAR, ITAR, Offset, Public Law, Warrantee, etc.
Required skills and experience:
• 10 years minimum experience in procurement and/or supply chain management
• General proficiency with MS office products including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Experience with estimating, budgeting and tracking progress / metrics
• Experience with supporting proposals, trade studies and make/buy decisions
• Experience with contract/PO authoring and negotiation
• Experience estimating EAC/ETC
Preferred skills and Experience:
• Experience managing through Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years