Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Engineer – Manufacturing/Process-Engineer
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Principal Manufacturing Project Engineer to work in our Clearfield, UT location
The Manufacturing Project Engineer works with the Chief Engineer and Process Engineering Team on our commercial aerospace structure programs in our state of the art Commercial Aircraft Center of Excellence, where we build carbon composite aerospace structures using high rate, patented forming technologies. Project and program responsibilities of the Project Engineer include A350 and A400 composite structure programs. Working closely with the Chief Engineer, Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, Program Management and the external customer, Project Engineer responsibilities include acting as a technical reference and authority on the program during implementation of new products, processes and incorporation of design changes. Project Engineering responsibilities include managing and implementing design, specification and process changes, leading process improvement and cost reduction projects, ensuring that quality and manufacturing engineering best practices and systems are defined and followed in manufacturing start-up and rate production.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of primary aircraft structures.
- Experience with advanced composite structure manufacturing and assembly methods, systems, materials, and processes, including hand layup, automated fiber placement, secondary bonding, autoclave cure, machining, NDI, hardware assembly, dimensional GD&T.
- CAD and configuration management experience, including model based definition.
- Knowledge of SPC, PFMEA, RCCA, KT, 8D tools and methods to control and improve process capability and quality.
- Experience supporting engineering change and new business proposals.
Attributes for Success:
- Excellent skills in interpersonal communication, writing, and presentations to Orbital ATK and customer project management
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Able to communicate complex problems to a wide audience.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong attention to detail, with high motivation for excellence.
- Experienced working with aerospace specifications, requirements and writing technical reports.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- BS degree in applicable engineering and 7 years’ experience, or applicable Masters degree in Engineering and 5 years’ experience
- 5+ years of applicable aerospace engineering experience in manufacturing of aerospace and carbon composite structures, including knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. (GD&T), composite mechanical and physical test methods, composite structure manufacturing processes
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years