Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Financial Analyst (Level II)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to provide support to our Aerospace Structures team in our Clearfield, UT location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
As a Financial Analyst for our Aerospace Structures group you will be responsible for supporting our programs and plant. This position will work very closely with program management, operational leaders, internal and external customers, and other sites within Aerospace Structures Division.
You will work with the Finance team as well as other departments on the following:
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, organized summary.
- Develop, maintain, and establish financial information systems considering such things as labor tracking, material consumption, and total cost on operation floor.
- Coordinate quarterly EAC (Estimate at Complete) process
- Analyze spending and cost of production weekly and provide direction to management to balance risk and cost targets.
- Provide monthly / quarterly reporting and analysis to support business processes.
- Assist in planning and forecasting program financial performance. Prepare future strategic plans.
- Serve as a resource to management in understanding results by reporting and investigating variances.
- Use financial reporting and provide analysis of key metrics to direct management toward areas of improvement or to surface operational issues.
- Support proposal and pricing efforts for both new business and changes to existing customer contracts.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and process efficiencies. Perform special projects related to financial and budget analysis.
- 2 years of related accounting or financial experience (including pre graduate work)
- Knowledge of applications in a computerized environment, including spreadsheet applications and data bases (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point).
- Independent self-starter and proactive contributor. Seeks to continually improve business processes and add value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated success building partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines. Organize deliverables in a clean and presentable format.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university (will be verified).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Program cost control
- Proposal and pricing support
- Planning and forecasting
- Communication of program performance to management
- GAAP and accounting experience preferred
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university (will be verified).
- Demonstrated analytical acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Experience partnering and supporting senior leaders of any functional business unit.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes desired.
- Understanding of and/or experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Experience in program/cost accounting, and legal/contracts
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your mi
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years