Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Financial Analyst (Level II)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group in Clearfield, Utah is looking for an experienced Financial Analyst to provide support to our Aerospace Structures team in our Clearfield, UT location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
As a Financial Analyst for our Aerospace Structures group you will be responsible for supporting our programs and plant. This position will work very closely with program management, operational leaders, internal and external customers, and other sites within Aerospace Structures Division.
You will work with the Finance team as well as other departments on the following:
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, organized summary.
- Develop, maintain, and establish financial information systems considering such things as labor tracking, material consumption, and total cost on operation floor.
- Coordinate quarterly EAC (Estimate at Complete) process
- Analyze spending and cost of production weekly and provide direction to management to balance risk and cost targets.
- Provide monthly / quarterly reporting and analysis to support business processes.
- Assist in planning and forecasting program financial performance. Prepare future strategic plans.
- Serve as a resource to management in understanding results by reporting and investigating variances.
- Use financial reporting and provide analysis of key metrics to direct management toward areas of improvement or to surface operational issues.
- Support proposal and pricing efforts for both new business and changes to existing customer contracts.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and process efficiencies. Perform special projects related to financial and budget analysis.
- 2 years of related accounting or financial experience (including pre graduate work)
- Knowledge of applications in a computerized environment, including spreadsheet applications and data bases (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access, MS Power Point).
- Independent self-starter and proactive contributor. Seeks to continually improve business processes and add value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated success building partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines. Organize deliverables in a clean and presentable format.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university (will be verified).
Skills & Qualifications:
- Program cost control
- Proposal and pricing support
- Planning and forecasting
- Communication of program performance to management
- GAAP and accounting experience preferred
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university (will be verified).
- Demonstrated analytical acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Experience partnering and supporting senior leaders of any functional business unit.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes desired.
- Understanding of and/or experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS).
- Experience in program/cost accounting, and legal/contracts
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years