Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Structural Analysis Engineer (Candidates must have an active-current Secret Clearance to be considered)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Structural Analysis Engineer to join our team in our Clearfield, UT offices. (Candidate Must have a current and active Secret Clearance)
Role description & Responsibilities:
Highly motivated design engineer with experience designing composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the design of laminates, sandwich structures, and bonded and bolted assemblies. Skills should include relationally linked modeling, establishing datum schemes for assemblies, and performing tolerance stackup analysis.
- BS in Engineering with a minimum of 13 years related experience in design engineering function
- Minimum of 9 years of experience with Siemens NX Nastran for component and assembly design
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Assembly level design including establishment of data schemes and tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance is required.
- Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim
- CAD automation, programming, script writing
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
This position can be filled at one level lower requiring a BS in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering plus a minimum of 7 years of experience.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years