Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Facilities Manager (Freeport Composites Center)
Orbital ATK Aerospace Structures Division located in Clearfield, Utah is currently recruiting for a Facilities Manager in our Freeport Composites Center (FCC) in Clearfield, UT location.
As the Sr Facilities Manager, you will manage our factory Equipment Reliability Engineering and Maintenance Departments and drive all activities’ focused on operational support of facilities, equipment and tooling for the Aircraft Component Center of Excellence. You will lead a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, as well as Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical and HVAC Maintenance crafts that support a single 615,000 sq ft facility operating 24/7 and engaged in the fabrication of critical aerospace structures.
Responsibilities include: Oversight and management the full range for facility maintenance, including clean rooms, compressors, vacuum systems, humidification, dust and noise as well as over a $100 million dollars worth of high tech composite structures manufacturing equipment. Other key responsibilities:
- Manages and is accountable for all aspects of employee and shop-process safety
- Prepares and executes maintenance management budgets
- Mange repair and maintenance on over $200M worth of critical tooling
- Managing all preventive maintenance plans and executions as well as emergency response trouble shooting and repair
- Manages facilities, equipment and tooling spare parts inventories to assure Operational Readiness
- Uses lean thinking/manufacturing fundamentals and TPM principles to organize work flow, streamline internal processes and minimize equipment downtime
- Manages construction services contracts to support factory work flow
- Manages craft personnel and schedules to facilitate 24/7 operations
As part of the factory IPT, you will provide reviews as to the status of maintenance and reliability issues in the factory and be accountable for the scope schedule and budget of each area of activity. Your focus will include understanding our ASD Maximo systems (asset life management system) to assure proper work control on preventative maintenance, emergency repair, and equipment modifications. Your focus will also include a sound understanding and participative control of the demand, warehousing and use of spare parts inventory. This position has considerable latitude for independent action and decision making. You will support our current facility and allow it to grow to the next level of operations and production. You will prepare presentations and reports detailing the equipment operational availability, Equipment Effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s of Science or equivalent (education will be verified) with a minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience.
- In depth hands on knowledge of facilities and equipment maintenance and reliability services
- Solid understanding and experience in troubleshooting factory equipment, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Basic understanding of carbon composite manufacturing is preferred.
- Ability to prepare sound presentations and conduct meetings with the senior staff.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Experience in automated industrial equipment such as storing, retrieving, forming, autoclave, conveyance, trim, inspections and CNC machining centers is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams with diverse maintenance/craft skills and backgrounds. Three or more years in a management/supervisory position preferred.
- Hands-on experience/background in maintenance fields strongly preferred (Mechanic, Millwright, Pipefitter, HVAC background).
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications - capable of learning/using Microsoft Project
- Thorough understanding of propellant and related plant operations and facility/tooling utilization.
- Experience in lean manufacturing and maintenance systems
- Experience in aerospace industry
- Past experience working in high rate manufacturing facilities operating on a 24/7 schedule.
Competencies for Success:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
- Ability to drive projects and processes
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years