Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Information Assurance Security Analyst (Must have an Active and Current Secret Clearance)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
This position is for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support the Rancho Bernardo, CA facility. With minimal supervision, provide oversight, policy, and procedure development, and related functions in compliance with SAP RMF (JSIG), DSS RMF, NISPOM, and ICD 503. As part of the Security Team, the position is responsible for operating, managing, and implementing security requirements both technical and administrative on classified systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizenship and possess an active Secret or Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Combination of related industrial security experience will be considered.
- Must possess Security+ certification or higher in compliance with DoD 8570
- Must have experience with DSS C&A related to the NISPOM, SAP RMF (JSIG) accreditation processes and ICD 503 practices.
- Must have experience with system administration/desktop support.
- Must be able to perform computer troubleshooting and computer repairs.
- Prefer 4 years of ISSO experience
- Lifting (max 40 lbs.) occasionally required
- Must have the ability to conduct validation testing using automated assessment tools
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Experience in the use of MS Windows Operating systems, in physical and virtual environments.
- Technical knowledge of computer and network hardware and software systems.
Duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining A&A packages for classified information systems.
- Preparing and analyzing test results for development into a POA&M.
- Providing information security support and technical security guidance in all phases of the system life cycle.
- Performing software patch installation, antivirus updates, and conducting security self-reviews.
- Ensuring configuration management (CM) for security-relevant software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented.
- Perform evaluation and obtain DAA authorization for new software, hardware, and firmware use before implementation on the system.
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and providing guidance on mitigating risks
- Initiate, with the approval of the ISSM, protective or corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored.
- Representing IA in security project, and technical exchange meetings
- Perform system administration tasks to include desktop support, and network administration functions. Occasionally provide support to unclassified Corporate Networks.
- Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before creating new user accounts.
- Must be available for occasional after hours assistance. Limited travel within the continental United States may be required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years