Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Information Assurance Security Analyst (Must have an Active and Current Secret Clearance)
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
This position is for an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support the Rancho Bernardo, CA facility. With minimal supervision, provide oversight, policy, and procedure development, and related functions in compliance with SAP RMF (JSIG), DSS RMF, NISPOM, and ICD 503. As part of the Security Team, the position is responsible for operating, managing, and implementing security requirements both technical and administrative on classified systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizenship and possess an active Secret or Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Combination of related industrial security experience will be considered.
- Must possess Security+ certification or higher in compliance with DoD 8570
- Must have experience with DSS C&A related to the NISPOM, SAP RMF (JSIG) accreditation processes and ICD 503 practices.
- Must have experience with system administration/desktop support.
- Must be able to perform computer troubleshooting and computer repairs.
- Prefer 3 years of ISSO experience
- Lifting (max 40 lbs.) occasionally required
- Must have the ability to conduct validation testing using automated assessment tools
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Experience in the use of MS Windows Operating systems, in physical and virtual environments.
- Technical knowledge of computer and network hardware and software systems.
Duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining A&A packages for classified information systems.
- Preparing and analyzing test results for development into a POA&M.
- Providing information security support and technical security guidance in all phases of the system life cycle.
- Performing software patch installation, antivirus updates, and conducting security self-reviews.
- Ensuring configuration management (CM) for security-relevant software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented.
- Perform evaluation and obtain DAA authorization for new software, hardware, and firmware use before implementation on the system.
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and providing guidance on mitigating risks
- Initiate, with the approval of the ISSM, protective or corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored.
- Representing IA in security project, and technical exchange meetings
- Perform system administration tasks to include desktop support, and network administration functions. Occasionally provide support to unclassified Corporate Networks.
- Ensure that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before creating new user accounts.
- Must be available for occasional after hours assistance. Limited travel within the continental United States may be required.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years