Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Assurance Manager (ACCE Commercial Aircraft Structures)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Manager Quality Assurance to provide leadership to our Aerospace Structures team in our Clearfield, Utah facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Commercial Center of Excellence (COE) in sustaining and improving an effective quality system as measured by product quality, system compliance and customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Commercial Center of Excellence Sr. Quality Manager for functional integration, work priorities and program performance. Functional responsibilities include Quality Engineering, End item composite inspections, Technical Services, Quality Acceptance Testing and Inspection.
- Ensure Quality Mission Assurance Program at the COE meets goals established by the COE Director
- Ensure customers’ needs are met and maintain/improve relationships to achieve goals
- Focus on speed, cost, and quality to maximize gross margins and improve Cost of Poor Quality
- Manage/monitor QMS effectiveness, providing information and metrics internally and to ASD Division
- Demonstrated experience supporting significant production rate increases
- Train and participate in plant wide Quality Assurance philosophy
- Responsible for AS9100 Certification and Quality Assurance training
- Participate in daily walk-through meetings on behalf of Quality Assurance
- Manage the DLY of the Quality Assurance team. Direct the planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial controls to guarantee financial operating integrity
- Advocate a safe work environment
- Communicate key issues upward to site leadership and downward into the organization
- Technical and business acumen in the aerospace industry and composite manufacturing
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement principles
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect
- Experience and understanding/grasp of AS9100 Quality System requirements and the intention of systems documentation
- Understands the culture of organization and knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels
- Can effectively maneuver through political situation and anticipate roadblocks
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization
- Steadfastly pushes self and others to achieve company goals
- Is a Champion to the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct
- Level IV Manager of Quality Engineering - Minimum of 9 years of directly relevant management experience with BS degree in engineering or other technical area or a minimum of 7 years of directly relevant management experience with an MS degree in Engineering or other technical area of study.
- Strong working knowledge of Quality function
- Familiarity with Boeing Quality Systems a plus
- Previous management experience is preferred.
Requisition may be filled at a lower level Supervisor III Quality Engineering, with BS and 5 years of directly relevant management experience; or a minimum of 3 years directly relevant management experience with MS degree in engineering or other technical area of study
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Expertise: Product Specifications, Operations