Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Composites Manufacturing Engineer (15S) to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Senior Composites Manufacturing Engineer (15S) to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
Support manufacturing in mid and high-rate composite part production facility. Work closely with manufacturing personnel and operations to solve production issues in layup (hand and automated), secondary bonding, autoclave cure, NDI, assembly and final inspection processes. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts to the customer(s). Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements. Coordinate technical requirements with on-site supplier quality representative(s) and with customers over the phone or in person. Coach and mentor junior level engineers
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Science
- Experience; target 15 years of Applicable Process/Manufacturing/Design Engineering experience with a BS or 10 years with an MS
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, strong oral, and written communications skills
- Experience with the manufacture and design of composite structures. Including hand lay-up and automated methods
- Experience in the manufacturing and the assembly of complex structures with aluminum core
- Experience in the surface preparation and bonding of titanium components
- Experience serving as an organization spokesperson on new programs both internally and externally
- Demonstrated organization and multitasking skills
- Responsible for Process Readiness Certifications, i.e., Process Owner Reviews, etc.
- Experience as a team technical lead for a complex single product or process with multi-discipline content.
- Responsibilities include mentoring earlier career process engineers
- Experience making technical presentations to customers.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment.Excellent computer skills.
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applicationsExcellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Must have experience with manufacturing of composite structures and materials.
- Must have experience with assembly of complex structures with aluminum honeycomb and titanium parts.
- Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques.
- Experience making technical presentations and recommendations to customers.
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Experience estimating, planning, and streamlining manufacturing processes
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years