Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Operations - Manufacturing - Production Manager (Must have Active and Current Secret Clearance to be considered)
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Operations - Manufacturing - Production Manager (Must have Active and Current Secret Clearance to be considered) for our Aerospace Composites Structures facility in Salt Lake City, Utah.
In this role, the successful candidate will manage a team of Operations Supervisors and Work Area Leads, and will be responsible for the combined strategic (long-term) and tactical (short-term) management planning and execution of assigned manufacturing processes and/or value streams.
•Must have an Active DOD Secret Clearance
Responsibilities to include:
- Must have demonstrated manufacturing leadership ability in systems installation and complex aircraft assembly manufacturing environment(s)
- The particular “systems” are electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics that are routed throughout the entrails of a vehicle.
- We desire to find a leader who has hands on experience and is a subject matter expert in the installation / drilling / fastening / bracketry associated with cable assemblies, wiring harnesses, wiring diagrams, conductivity tests, hydraulic tubes, valves, gauges, compression fittings, leak testing, as well as sequencing of the process steps.
- Experience with effective kitting techniques to ensure all proper components are delivered to the mechanic in the most convenient / efficient manner. Possess effective FOD prevention and inspection / control techniques.
- Assembly of composite components into a structure via preforms, co-cure, co-bond and mechanical fasteners, (i.e. Hi-loks, nut plates etc).
- OATK Clearfield generally fabricates parts and ships them to our customers to assembly.
- We also build parts and assemble – could use someone that understands the assembly processes.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, to include use of disciplined problem solving methodologies and tools (5 Why, 8D, PFMEA, Process Capability Analysis, SPC, Poke-yoke, etc)
- Proven leadership and hands-on implementation of continuous improvement, to include lean, six sigma and/or other improvement methodologies (Value Stream Mapping, Visual Controls, Pull Systems, 5S, Standard Work, etc);
- EVMS / CAM experience preferred;
- Start-up program experience preferred;
•BS/BA degree with minimum of 8 years manufacturing experience, or High School diploma/GED with 10+ years’ experience;
•Must have demonstrated manufacturing leadership ability in systems installation and complex aircraft assembly manufacturing environment(s);
•Strong written and oral communication skills related to highly technical topics, across all levels including customers and leadership;
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years