Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Financial Analyst - Material Cost Accounting Analyst II
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Financial Analyst - Material Cost Accounting Analyst II (Level II) to join our Finance team in our Clearfield, UT location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Cost Account Analyst is responsible for various financial functions such as cost estimating, material pricing, production costs, and financial analysis in a professional team environment. This position reviews complex financial data and cost estimating received from staff for inclusion in various reports and proposals and submission to upper management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Perform direct material cost accounting activities, including cost estimates and inventory evaluations
- Provide material cost estimates in support of pricing decisions
- Develop cost estimates (labor and material) in accordance with RFP specifications
- Synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to create useful information and concise analysis
- Provide financial analysis of monthly spending trends to ensure ROI goals are achieved
- Balance multiple projects and prioritize
- Develop key metrics and analysis for Ad-Hoc reporting
- Ability to work independently
- Meet deadlines
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools
- Must have strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Experience in related work such as cost analysis or estimating in a manufacturing environment is desired
- Years of experience: 5, or equivalent
- 5+ Years of related experience
- Operational knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, and business environments may enhance candidate’s potential for success
- Managing a material budget using cost Accounts
- Quarterly financials
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, mathematics preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years