Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Buyer IV
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Principle Buyer to join our composite structures manufacturing team in Clearfield, UT supporting the indirect purchasing group.
As a buyer for our Aerospace Structures Division, you will develop and coordinate the purchase of support materials and service requirements necessary to support our growing business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be a primary buyer for the creation and issuance of service agreements including but not limited to T & M Contracts, Material Contracts, Labor-Hour Contracts, Equipment Service Contracts, Multi-year Lease Contracts, and Tooling Maintenance Contracts, etc.
- Create and issue 10 to 20 purchase orders weekly ranging from $500 to $2 million or more in high volume. The delivery for these requirements may be on an expedited basis.
- Manage multiple tasks at once, in a high pressure environment
- Develop and manage RFQ/RFP process, negotiate agreements and manage/administer the contract for a medium to complex sourcing
- Draft and negotiate strategic agreements
- Knowledge of supply chain and inventory systems
- Very strong negotiation and communication skills to the benefit of our position.
- Ability to adapt to change
- Interface with Suppliers to:
o Write contract language for sourcing initiatives, including understanding of suppliers exceptions to the procurement terms and conditions and special provisions and communicate those exceptions to our legal counsel for disposition.
o Approve and process invoices for payment.
o Evaluate, Integrate and Terminate suppliers
o Negotiate to ensure terms and conditions address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification, and all other potential risk areas
o Track quality issues and work with supplier on the issues
o Provide regular status for on time delivery, product delivery forecasts, risks and mitigation plans, and supplier performance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years’ experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience; or Master’s degree and 7 years’ experience as a buyer purchasing in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years’ experience in Government Contracts including familiarity with audits such as Contractor’s Purchasing System Reviews and understanding of Truth in Negotiation (TINA) requirements, Public Laws, Terms and Conditions, and Commerciality.
- Strong knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and Business Systems Purchasing Documentation experience.
- Proficient in MRP, ERP System (Costpoint and/or SAP), and excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creative writing and documenting cost/price analysis.
- Good Negotiation skills
- Extensive RFQ/RFP and procurement execution experience
- Experience using scheduling tools including: MS Project, Pull Systems, FIFO and Min/ Max/ Reorder Point, Visual scheduling tools
- Experience with Microsoft skills required; Excel, Power Point and MS Project
- Presentation skills, with the ability to comfortably present risks and achievements to a management team
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ and establish positive supplier and internal customer relationships
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high visibility, sometimes high stress environment
- Must be able to work overtime and on call for emergencies
- Previous aerospace procurement experience
- Exposure to APICS
- Education in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
- Experience in composite materials and composite manufacturing
- Experience leading project teams
- Impresa and/or Epic software experience
- Certifications: Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) and/or Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, thought schooling and training.
- Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication skills.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years