Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Production Planning Supervisor
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation's capabilities in space.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is currently seeking candidates to for a Production Planning Supervisor in our Clearfield, UT location. Successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the day-to day operations for department interfacing with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Engineering. This position is responsible for training and developing staff, determining personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies. May initiate and communicate a variety of personnel actions including employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving overtime. Successful candidate will monitor daily operations and provide direction to workforce as well as administer and executes policies and procedures that affect employees. This position is responsible to support the production control function maintaining schedules and material requirements and availability for the manufacture of commercial, civil and DOD products. Individual will compile records and track quantity, cost, as well as types of material received, shipped, in stock or inventory, and/or in production. Individual will expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules. Assists in determining possible and actual shortages, may initiate action to correct these deficiencies. Individual will use knowledge of Production, Procurement, and Engineering departments to alert proper authorities regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action. Estimates and logs production rate and time expenditures and may be required to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates. In this position, it is required that candidates have the ability to uses personal computer (PC) and material/ production tracking software.
- Must have HS diploma or equivalent; prefer technical training or BS in business or logistics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to resolve problems and work with customers, peers, and leadership.
- 6-10 years of previous experience in a manufacturing environment with 3 years of inventory and production experience
- Experience with production scheduling, MRP systems and capacity planning
- Ability to follow procedures and planning
- Knows manufacturing, procurement and quality basics, as well as engineering flows
- Candidate must be able to interpret blue prints and be able to execute material take-offs
- Previous estimating and proposal background is helpful.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Individual must be able to perform in a fast paced environment with little supervision.
- Individual must be able to multi-task with a high attention to detail
- Ability to motivate and direct a team
- Candidate must be US citizen or permanent resident
Northrop Grumman has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Education: High School/GED