Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Manager of Procurement
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Sr. Manager of Procurement located in our Clearfield, Utah Facilities
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Oversee all suppliers with responsibility for contract, terms, pricing, relationship development and cross-functional product and accounting compliance; Identifies, develops, and implements the department metrics and goals to achieve results and execute programs and projects on time and within budget. Drive consistent policies in support of business standards and objectives while mitigating risk. Provides the leadership skills to influence, motivate and direct the staff to build effective Department and foster cooperation between the various functional counterparts.
- Works with Program Teams and Business Development to build and execute Low Cost Supplier Development Plan
- Builds strong working relationships with key customers, with metrics that capture customer satisfaction, including
- Operations COE leaders
- Business Lane leaders
- Finance materials CAMS
- Facilities/Tooling managers
- Builds strong working relationship with executives at key suppliers
- Negotiates Supplier agreements and claims in support of program budgets
- Develops and incorporates continuous improvement plans that address
- Supplier performance
- Procurement processes
- Customer support
- Benchmarks “Best in Class” procurement practices and puts plans together to move organization towards “Best in Class.”
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations and laws, i.e., FAR, DFAR, SOX Compliance. Support, define, and maintain operational procurement processes and procedures.
2. Responsible for the lifecycle execution of the acquisition process in development of new business proposals, i.e. pricing Bill of Materials (BOM), to the issuance of the resultant purchase order. Develop procurement strategies and plans to meet competitive conditions.
3. Attends regular program and production meetings.
4. Manage supplier relationships and resolve any escalated issues related to daily activities. Engage with internal stakeholders in order to generate and execute ideas and opportunities
5. Analyze proposals for all areas of risk and compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to issuance of the resultant purchase order.
6. Strong knowledge of performing cost/price analysis, Truthful Cost or Pricing Act (formerly known as TINA), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Small Business Subcontracting Program/Plan.
7. Responsible for leading a Purchasing Department, which includes personnel actions, supervising, mentoring, and review of purchase order folios to ensure compliance, preparing performance reviews and making annual salary increase recommendations.
8. Evaluates metric summary report and publishes to management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15 years of experience in Supply Chain
- Prior experience managing managers and individual contributors
- Process Improvement experience
- Strategic planning experience
- CPSR experience
- Costpoint experience a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Defense contracting experience a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years