Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Principal Facility Designer
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is the world's top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and a leading supplier of military and commercial aircraft structures. It also specializes in small and micro-satellites; satellite components and subsystems; lightweight space deployables and solar arrays; and low-cost, quick-to-market launch solutions; flares and decoys; and energetic materials and related technologies. The group also has extensive experience supporting human and space payload missions.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently recruiting for a Facility Designer in our Clearfield, UT location.
As the Senior Principal Facility Designer with special emphasis in Light Industrial Building and Equipment facility designs, you will interface with the Facility Engineers, Process Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and Maintenance staff to layout new facilities and equipment as well as reconfigure existing buildings, utilities, structural components and equipment to ensure a fully functional project is provided to the end user, taking into consideration the ease of manufacturing, availability of materials, and constructability of the final product.
Must be able to take concept drawings and sketches and produce a full complement of Architectural, Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, etc drawings in accordance with the National CAD Standards.
Uses geometric tolerancing methods to check fit, form, and function of the accuracy and content of Engineering CAD drawing and model files, PLM datasets and BOMs, and other engineering supporting documents.
It is expected that the Facility Designer can perform routine sizing of piping and ductwork systems with final approval from the cognizant design engineer.
Capable of developing restroom layouts, break room layouts, conference room layouts office furniture layouts, etc for use in new construction and remodel efforts.
Able to integrate Structural and Architectural designs with other relevant disciplines such as Plumbing, Fire Suppression, HVAC, Electrical, etc.
Review vendor drawings on pieces of equipment such as Walk-in Ovens, Walk-in Freezers, Plant air compressors, Filament Winding Machines, 5-Axis CNC Machining Centers, Large Autoclaves and incorporate them into the final working envelope in accordance with Local, State, and Federal codes and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field. (education will be verified)
- Minimum of 14 years experience in light Industrial Facility and equipment designs.
- Extensive knowledge of the local and national building codes such as IBC, NFPA, NEC, ASME, ANSI, etc.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Basic understanding of carbon composite manufacturing is preferred.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with all engineering disciplines and architects
- Experience with layouts that include equipment such as CNC Machining Centers, Walk-in Ovens, Walk-in Freezers, Plant Air Compressor’s, Plant Vacuum Pumps, etc.
- Experience in aerospace industry.
- Past experience designing full scope Light Industrial Buildings, including the equipment that will be used to manufacture product.
Competencies for Success:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
- Ability to drive projects and processes.
- Ability to partner with co-workers and leadership at all levels.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is a Drug Free Employer and requires pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please check out what we do!
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED