Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Composite Structural Design Engineer Contracting-Project Engineer (Must have Active Secret Clearance)
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Composite Structural Design Engineer to join our team in our Clearfield, UT offices.
This is an hourly contract role
Must have Active Secret Clearance
Role description & Responsibilities:
Highly motivated design engineer with experience designing composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the design of laminates, sandwich structures, and bonded and bolted assemblies. Skills should include relationally linked modeling, establishing datum schemes for assemblies, and performing tolerance stackup analysis.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
- Must have an active clearance with an investigation within the last 4.5 years (or 4 years 6 months)
- BS in Engineering with a minimum of 7 years related experience in design engineering function
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Siemens NX or Catia V5 for component and assembly design
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Assembly level design including establishment of data schemes and tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim
- CAD automation, programming, script writing
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
This position can be filled at one level lower requiring a BS in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of experience.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your m
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years