Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analysis Engineering Supervisor 15S (Must have current and active Secret Clearance)
Orbital ATK is looking for an Analysis Engineering Manager/Supervisor 15S, for our Clearfield, Utah location
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Successful candidate will be responsible for leading a group of approximately ten engineers within the Analysis group..
This position is ultimately responsible for defining processes which will ensure successful analysis, design, manufacture and testing of complex composite assemblies.
- Lead team of Analysis Engineers to work in an integrated project team to analyze, define and improve the design and analysis of parts and assemblies
- Foster environment of cooperation and teamwork with other engineering and non-engineering disciplines and departments (operations, program office, design engineering, manufacturing quality engineering, tooling engineering, etc.)
- Champion COE Engineering objectives to achieve business success
- Partner with customers to achieve goals and deliver to technical requirements
- Participate in the development of overall COE strategies, objectives, and long-term goals of the organization
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment
- Manage execution of the program requirements to cost and schedule objectives
- Provide challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization
- Steadfastly push self and others to achieve company goals
- Champion the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct
- Develop succession plans and be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities
- Drive timely and clearly communicated decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop a team of engineers
- Excellent problem solving skills are a must as well as demonstrated experience in leadership of teams in resolving complex technical issues
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) principles and application
- Knowledge of composite terminology, lay-up and cure processes, testing, machining methods and precision bonding and assembly processes
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with analysis software (Nastran, FEMAP, Patran, Abaqus etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of static structural and structural/thermal analysis, buckling, stability, modal analysis, and loads definition, etc.
- Understanding of material characterization testing and product verification
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of configuration management best practices
- Excellent communication and technical presentation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and meet program commitments in a highly concurrent engineering environment
- Ability to effectively maneuver through political situation and anticipate roadblocks
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant aerospace analysis experience; with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant aerospace analysis experience with a bachelor’s degree in a technical field and a master’s degree in a technical field or MBA
- 2+ years’ experience leading technical/professional resources
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with background investigation within five years
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years