Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Engineering Manager
about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to provide leadership within our Aerospace Structures Quality team in our CASE Center of Excellence facility in Clearfield Utah.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will be responsible for leading the CASE Center of Excellence (COE) in sustaining and improving an effective quality system as measured by customer satisfaction, product quality, process improvements, and system compliance.
While reporting directly to the Aerospace Structures Quality Senior Director, the successful candidate will have dual reporting responsibilities to the CASE COE and lead a team to execute the Quality charter. Quality functional ownership within the COE includes Quality Engineering, End Item Processes, Customer and Technical Services, Tool and Gauge Quality, Quality Facilities, and Quality Acceptance Testing and Inspection. This Manager supports a team of 10 including one leader.
- Partner with customers to achieve goals and delivery to technical and performance requirements including verification to all requirements
- Participates in the development of overall strategies, objectives, goals of the organization; to instill Quality culture and support production rates.
- Focus on reductions to Cost of Poor Quality through innovation and process improvements using LEAN strategies, SPC, DOE, APQP, 8D and other problem solving and improvement processes.
- Manage/monitor system effectiveness, providing information and metrics internally and to division leadership
- Responsible for successful Quality Certifications including AS9100, NADCAP, and customer oversight activities.
- Financial responsibilities for direct planning, budgeting, forecasting, and controls to guarantee quality engineering team efficiency to program EACs.
- Advocate a safe and professional work environment.
- Develop succession plans and be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities.
- Experience with high precision manufacturing and assembly working in aerospace, automotive, or similar highly technical factories.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and complex inspection of tightly tolerance large assemblies.
- Delivers results using Continuous Improvement principles and methods.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Experience and understanding of Quality System requirements and the intention of systems documentation; to include external certification processes (ISO/TS16949, AS9100, etc.).
- Understands how to get things done through formal and informal channels; excellent communicator.
- Is a Champion to the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct.
- Minimum of 10 years directly relevant experience with BS degree; or a minimum of 7 years of directly relevant experience with an MS degree.
- BS/MS in Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with Laser tracker, Romer Arm, CMM, and specialized mechanical gauges
- Experience in aerospace and composite manufacturing operations
- Demonstrated success building Quality culture
- Familiarity with key customer Quality Systems including Navy Programs
- Previous management and leadership experience
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years