Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Structural Analysis Lead Engineer (Candidates must have an active-current Secret Clearance to be considered)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group in Clearfield, Utah is seeking an experienced Sr. Structural Analysis Lead Engineer (Candidate Must have a current and active Secret Clearance)
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Highly motivated analysis engineer with Integrated Product Team leadership experience. The candidate will provide technical leadership of approximately 20 analysts designing composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft.
Experience should include but is not limited to the analysis of laminates, sandwich structures, and bonded and bolted assemblies. Skills will include linear and non-linear Finite Element Analysis, with experience in classical analytical methods.
Experience / Requirements:
- BS in Engineering with a minimum of 13 years related experience in design engineering function
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with Nastran for component and assembly analysis
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Knowledge of composite materials analysis, design and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance is required.
- Experience with large bonded composite assemblies
- Previous experience in aerospace Integrated Product Team Environment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years