Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Planner (Must have Active Secret Clearance to Apply) - Composites Manufacturing
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK in Clearfield, UT is currently recruiting for a Production Planner (Candidates must be able to obtain an Active Secret Clearance)
The Production Planner Associate is responsible for coordinating daily manufacturing related activities between Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Engineering departments. This position is responsible to support the production control function maintaining schedules and material requirements and availability for the manufacture of programs for the Advanced Composite Structures(ACS) COE.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed; schedules equipment; confirms material supply and demands.
- Schedule ACS production areas as assigned
- Executing and releasing production work orders which will identify the material, quantity and date required that support the program requirements.
- Support IPTs.
- Perform Cost Point transactions as necessary
- Candidate must have a minimum of 0-4 years of manufacturing production control and scheduling experience in an manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a manufacturing experience.
- Microsoft Office- Excel skills a must.
- MRP/ERP experience.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution System (Solumina experience a plus).
- 4 year degree Business Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related preferred, or High School diploma with 2 years’ experience
- Production scheduling experience
- Material planning experience
Competencies for success:
- Must be a quick learner and able to react quickly in fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed, proactive.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Strong decision making skills and ability to communicate clearly and in a manner that supports the business.
Role can be filled at a lower level 12P - BS Degree and or High School Diploma and 2-4 years of manufacturing production control and scheduling experience in an manufacturing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years