Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Contracts Specialist IV (Commercial Segment)
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Contracts Specialist IV to provide leadership to our Commercial Aersospace Group in our Clearfield, Utah facilities.
- Foster positive customer relationships and leverage to provide critical strategic intelligence to program team to expand business and influence customer requirements, program/contract terms and contract structure.
- Integrate with the discretionary funding planning process to ensure compliance with IR&D regulations.
- Ensure ATK Intellectual Property is properly identified, protected and/or licensed.
- Integrate with Business Strategy Teams (BSTs) to optimize contract structure and business terms, and coordinate strategic agreements, when appropriate (e.g., partnering and teaming agreements.
Contract Structure and Business Terms:
- Develop a clear understanding of customer and program requirements that harmonize with Orbital ATK business strategy.
- Review terms and conditions to address provisions and risks of financial terms, acceptance criteria, delivery requirements, warranty, intellectual property, termination provisions, indemnification and all other potential risk areas.
- Recommend changes, additions, and deletions to the contract structure to ensure accurate reflection of customer requirements and alignment with Orbital ATK’s program strategy and risk mitigation.
- Negotiate profit ensuring that the profit/fee is consistent with and appropriate for the contract type, identified program risks, market standards, internal investment requirements, and working capital considerations.
- Manage the contract value and funding level reporting to include open change orders and associated impacts.
- Implement contract change management processes and coordinate with Program Management to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with diverse stakeholders including foreign customers, senior management, program management, and corporate focals.
- Lead the development of a comprehensive negotiation strategy/plan working in conjunction with Program Team.
- When applicable, lead Integrated Product Teams (IPT’s) in preparation for negotiations.
- Define negotiation parameters through delegation process (including goals/limits).
- Negotiate appropriate contract type, scope, price, profit and terms.
- Lead delegation process, ensuring assembling delegation package and proper sign-offs.
- Establish equitable payment terms, facilitate timely payments through coordinated oversight with Finance of invoicing process, and ensure customer compliance with payment terms.
- Ensure that the contract and statement of work are consistent with pricing assumptions to effectively manage financial risk related to contract terms and conditions, and that the underlying cost estimate is consistent with and appropriately addresses performance risk.
- Provide inputs for the orders, invoice, and collections forecast for each contract with timely reporting to management.
- Maintain annual strategic plan with contract delivery rate and cost information.
- Verify with Program Manager that all technical requirements have been properly reviewed and a clear technical baseline is included in contract documents.
- Ensure that a verified schedule baseline is included in contract documents.
- Following contract award communicate (together with the PM) contract, program schedule and SOW requirements to program team.
- Ensure compliance with program schedule as outlined in contract.
- Ensure intellectual property is protected during proposal preparation and technical leaders are briefed and aware of our obligations and rights prior to and during performance of contracts
- BS degree in Business or related functional degree/experience
- 7 years minimum experience in contract management
- Experience managing commercial contracts both at the prime and subcontract levels with emphasis in commercial aerospace Tier II contracts
- Proven experience in negotiating proposals
- Experience with sales management, manufacturing, and database systems (user level) and Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience with contract changes
- Proven leadership qualities; ability to start, oversee, and follow-through with major assignments and responsibilities
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated clear and professional written communication
- Must be US citizen or person?
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and associated regulatory requirements
- Experience working with BAA's, RFQ's, and complex engineering and manufacturing proposals
- Commercial contracting experience including experience with 2nd tier prime-subcontractor relationships
- Knowledge of EAC process, cash flow, and strategic planning process
- Working knowledge of Non-Disclosure Agreements
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years