Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Assurance Engineer 2nd Shift Role (Must have Secret Clearance to be considered)
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Mission Assurance Engineer to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
Support manufacturing of composite aerospace components during 2nd shift. Work closely with operations personnel to develop manufacturing and inspections solutions and solve production issues in hand layup, secondary bonding, autoclave cure, machining, NDI, assembly, and final inspection processes. Learn and understand requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts. Work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Active Secret DoD Clearance within 5 ½ years of last investigation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical Engineering or related and 5 years of applicable experience
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and drawings
- Experience supporting an aerospace manufacturing process with the necessary materials, tooling, and equipment
- Knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc)
- Experience in supporting MRB processing
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Composite processing experience
- Experience in Quality Assurance and processing MRB
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Quality Assurance, Engineering