Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Manufacturing-Industrial Engineer III
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Sr Manufacturing-Industrial Engineer III to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
- Industrial Engineering accountability will include, but not be limited to the following:
o Manufacturing capacity analysis
o Positional tooling and machine requirements
o Work measurement / time standards development
o Production performance metrics and analysis
o Special studies and projects
o Staffing models
o Production readiness assessments
o Recovery planning
- Facilities and workplace design
- Lean Implementation
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years’ experience or an MS degree and 2 years’ experience.
- In depth understanding and significant application of Industrial Engineering technical expertise along with a detailed knowledge of other related disciplines
- Ability to provide and implement technical solutions to advanced problems which require ingenuity and innovation
- Capable of working with minimal direction, independently determines and develops technical objectives of assignments, and presents work upon completion for high level review
- Occasionally acts as a leader and understands that erroneous decisions on their part will result in probable delay and failure of organizational objectives
- Represents the organization as a technical contact, interacts with senior personnel on important technical matters, and helps with coordination between organization
- Experience implementing Toyota Production System practices (lean) in a production and/or business environment
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a dynamic fast paced, changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to deal effectively with stress and conflict
- Initiative, highly motivated self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- High energy, results oriented, self-reliant, team player
- Demonstrated work ethic
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years