Orbital ATK Careers
Sr. Tool Design Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Tool Design Engineer to join our team in our Clearfield, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Highly motivated tool design engineer with experience in tooling for composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the design of tooling for composite aerospace part, structural analysis of tools using closed and FEA, support of tool fabrication efforts, tool source inspection and support of proofing operations at Orbital ATK facilities.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
- BS in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or related with a minimum of 7 years related experience in design engineering function
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with CATIA V5 and/or NX
- Previous experience working with large scale aerospace projects
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Active Department of Defense Secret Level Clearance
- Proficiency with NX, Catia V is desirable
- Previous experience with working process, testing or product design engineering for aerospace parts
- Requirements definition and verification
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
This position can be filled at one level lower requiring a BS in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years