Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Additive Manufacturing Specialist
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group in Clearfield, Utah is seeking an experienced Additive Manufacturing Specialist to lead our AM activities and strategy at our Aerospace Structures Division (ASD) in Clearfield, Utah but also has limited responsibility at all ASD sites including Dayton, OH and Iuka, MS. This position will report into the Engineering organization.
- Support ongoing part fabrication in Clearfield including support of part design and machine maintenance,
- Develop strategy for proliferation of AM in machine parts, tooling, shop aids, and flight parts.
- Ensure the business is informed on state-of-the art AM technologies
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations and Procurement departments to ensure we are taking full advantage of AM opportunities to support cost reduction and lead time initiatives
- Conduct cost trade studies for parts made with traditional manufacturing techniques vs AM
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in core engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Chemical Engineering)
- 5 or more years working with additive manufacturing
- 10 or more years working in an engineering organization
- CAD skills necessary to support 3 D printing
- Demonstrated innovation and problem solving using AM
- Working knowledge of current SOTA AM equipment and materials
- Practiced in developing quality controls and material systems used in flight hardware
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years