Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Reliability Engineer
Orbital ATK is the world's top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and a leading supplier of military and commercial aircraft structures. It also specializes in small and micro-satellites; satellite components and subsystems; lightweight space deployables and solar arrays; and low-cost, quick-to-market launch solutions; flares and decoys; and energetic materials and related technologies. The group also has extensive experience supporting human and space payload missions.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Reliability Engineer in our Clearfield, UT location.
As the Senior Manufacturing Reliability Engineer with special emphasis in Aerospace Manufacturing equipment mechanical/electrical components, you will oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, troubleshooting and alteration of such equipment specific to their mechanical and electrical working attributes. Evaluate discrepant hardware for repair or replacement. Conduct root cause/corrective action investigation using multiple tools; 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagram, 5D, etc., and implement corrective action plans. Ensure that all assigned equipment are working at their utmost performance level and provide quick response analysis on issues that arise with the mechanical and or electrical systems. Reviews existing equipment such as Walk-in Ovens, Walk-in Freezers, Plant air compressors, Filament Winding Machines, 5-Axis Machining Centers, etc. and becomes completely familiar with the OEM’s manufacturing build protocol as it relates to machine function. Troubleshoot existing processes to improve Safety, Quality, Cost and Efficiency. Provide emphasis to ensure that the correct preventative maintenance procedures are in place as it relates to the mechanical and electrical systems and recommend all necessary spare parts to keep the plant operational on a 24/7 basis. This position is a Senior Level Reliability Engineer working to ensure that all assigned equipment in factories totaling over 400,000 square feet perform at their ultimate performance level and maintain a high level of uptime. Considerable latitude for independent action and decision making is provided. You will support our current facility and allow it to grow to the next level of operations and production. You will prepare presentations and reports detailing the Operational Equipment Effectiveness on all machines assigned. You will aid in developing standard specifications for all future equipment purchases. Represent the Facilities Engineering Department at change control board to determine impact of proposed changes.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering with in depth knowledge of Aerospace Manufacturing equipment such as 5-Axis Machining Centers, Walk-in Ovens, Walk-in Freezers, Filament Winding Machines, etc. (education will be verified)
- Minimum of 7 years experience in troubleshooting high rate manufacturing equipment mechanical and electrical systems, as well as PLC’s.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills as it relates to mechanical and electrical aspects of manufacturing equipment.
- Strong background in operating and troubleshooting Allen Bradley control systems.
- Basic understanding of carbon composite manufacturing is preferred.
- Ability to prepare sound presentations and conduct meetings with the senior staff.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Ability to negotiate and consult with vendors as required to maintain and repair mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Experience in installing and commissioning industrial equipment such as CNC Machining Centers, Walk-in Ovens, Walk-in Freezers, Plant Air Compressor’s, Plant Vacuum Pumps, etc.
- Experience in lean manufacturing.
- Experience in aerospace industry.
- Past experience working in high rate manufacturing facilities operating on a 24/7 schedule.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude with the desire to learn new skills outside of normal work duties, such as software diagnostics and electronics.
Competencies for Success:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
- Ability to drive projects and processes.
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Orbital ATK is a Drug Free Employer and requires pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years