Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Quality Assurance Engineer III
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group in Clearfield, Utah is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer III
As a Mission Assurance Engineer you will interface with Operations, Engineering, Program Managers, Supply Chain and Procurement on a daily basis writing inspection plans, writing up non-conformances, determining root cause and corrective actions, working with suppliers, and supplier audits.
- BS in Engineering or science discipline (education will be verified)
- Minimum of 7 years of directly related quality engineering experience with B.S.
- Experience in the area of developing inspection plans, reading specification drawings, root cause analysis, corrective action, and supplier development
- Experience with creating inspection planning /First Article Inspections
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with overseeing MRB activities and dispositioning of nonconforming hardware
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Able to travel 10% of the time
Preferred skills and education:
- Experience with composites, chemicals, calibration, and lab testing
- Experience with auditing and source inspections
- Familiarity with SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Experience in either commercial, military, or business aviation/aerospace
- Exposure to Epic or equivalent system, such as Windchill PDM, Enovia PLM, etc.
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Experience with CATIA / Solid Works, Solumina, and various metrology applications
Competencies for success:
- Results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, effectual problem solver, and team-player
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- High energy, good organizational skills, and stress-resistant
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams & provide customer overviews and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to effectively communicate with various customers concerning technical issues
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years