Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Assurance Engineer III
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Engineer III to join our team in Clearfield, UT.
As a Mission Assurance Engineer you will interface with Operations, Engineering, Program Managers, Supply Chain and Procurement on a daily basis writing inspection plans, writing up non-conformances, determining root cause and corrective actions, working with suppliers, and supplier audits.
- BS in Engineering or science discipline (education will be verified)
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related quality engineering experience with B.S.
- Experience in the area of developing inspection plans, reading specification drawings, root cause analysis, corrective action, and supplier development
- Experience with creating inspection planning /First Article Inspections
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience with overseeing MRB activities and dispositioning of nonconforming hardware
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Able to travel 10% of the time
Preferred skills and education:
- Experience with composites, chemicals, calibration, and lab testing
- Experience with auditing and source inspections
- Familiarity with SPC (Statistical Process Control)
- Experience in either commercial, military, or business aviation/aerospace
- Exposure to Epic or equivalent system, such as Windchill PDM, Enovia PLM, etc.
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Experience with CATIA / Solid Works, Solumina, and various metrology applications
Competencies for success:
- Results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, effectual problem solver, and team-player
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment
- High energy, good organizational skills, and stress-resistant
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams & provide customer overviews and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to effectively communicate with various customers concerning technical issues
This position can be filled one level lower requiring a BS in Engineering and a minimum of 1 ½ years of quality engineering experience.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years