Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Systems Engineer (13S) to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (13S) to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
Senior Systems Engineer
The Inspection Development Group, Orbital ATK Aerospace Structures Division, has an immediate need for a Senior Systems Engineer. The Inspection Development Group (IDG) is responsible for the design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and calibration of automatic inspection systems utilized during the manufacturing of composite parts for aerospace industry. The Senior Systems Engineer has responsibility for directing the manufacturing, integration, testing, installation, commissioning and calibration of the systems manufactured by IDG. Additional responsibilities include on-site work to support system installation and system upgrades, repairs and service as required, and providing technical direction for in-house repairs.
- Design of overall system configuration and cable engineering from the project summary.
- Supervise preparation of build packages for system components (chassis, panels, enclosures, racks, etc.).
- Supervise technicians and contractors in terms of both scheduling and technical direction.
- Assist group manager in determining overall project schedules.
- Supervise integration of system assemblies, cables, computers, controllers, PLC, electro-mechanical assemblies, instrumentation and software into a complete system ready to checkout.
- Supervise or directly perform final test and checkout of complete system as per acceptance documents including ultrasonic testing, noise measurements and calibration.
- Assist maintenance in performing diagnostics, troubleshooting and repairs for systems that are currently in service.
- Supervise the installation of complete system and perform maintenance training.
- Coordinate the work of subcontractors during the system installation as required.
10. Supervise the preparation of final system documentation (electrical drawings), system manuals, system operating procedures, system spare parts list and preventive maintenance schedule.
11. Work with group manager to plan and execute system upgrades
12. Work with and assist group manager with system estimates, projects reviews, project budgets, design and development of new system products.
13. Prepare purchase requisitions for system components as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5-6 years related experience working in fabrication, installation and troubleshooting complex multi-axis (10-axis or more) electro-mechanical systems such as NDT inspection systems, machine centers and robotic systems
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10-12 years related experience working in fabrication, wiring, and installation and troubleshooting of electrical and control systems.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering is highly desired, but this requirement could be waived based on demonstrated complex system fabrication and installation experience (10 systems or more during last 5 years).
- 10 years' experience as senior electrician (foreman, team lead) is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with National Electrical Code, NFPA 70E, NFPA 70 and LOTO standards is required.
- Relevant college courses in electronics and engineering are preferred.
- Experience in wiring and maintenance of automated ultrasonic inspection systems (AUIS) highly desired and is preferred
- Experience with RF circuits and PCB is preferred.
- Experience with PLC and Safety Controllers is preferred.
- State of Utah Journey Electrician License is desired.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI level clearance is preferred.
- Ability to travel to other company locations to support the system installation, troubleshooting and repair as required (10% or less).
- Ability to work overtime as required to support system integration, installation and maintenance.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint, Costpoint and Electrical AutoCAD.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Willingness to meet customer needs.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined TEAM environment
Position will be located at Clearfield, UT
Equal Opportunity Employer
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2018
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years