Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Engineer – Sub-Systems Manufacturing/Process-Engineer 16S (Current-Active Security Clearance Required) to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer – Sub-Systems Manufacturing/Process-Engineer 16S (Current-Active Security Clearance Required) to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
The Project Engineer (PE) will be responsible for leading a team of Manufacturing Engineers (ME) in the startup and manufacturing of a new aerospace production program. The PE will ensure the ME’s work closely with the product design team to ensure that product design meets manufacturability requirements. The PE will also ensure the ME’s work closely with operations personnel to develop manufacturing solutions and solve production issues in sub-systems (electrical, hydraulic, etc) development, installation and verification testing. They need to understand the requirements to determine product impacts and recommend disposition of the parts. The will work in a cross functional team to develop and implement process improvements.
Requirements & Qualifications:
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
Must have an active clearance with an investigation within the last 5.5 years (or 5 years 6 months)
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering and 15 years of Process/Manufacturing Engineering experience with composites and sub-system installation.
- Extensive knowledge in all facets of sub-systems installation and verification testing.
- Experience in working with aerospace specifications and requirements.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. (GD&T)
- Working knowledge of root cause / corrective action processes and techniques.
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Functional knowledge of SPC
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proven ability to lead a group of engineers to achieve the desired results for the program and company
- Programming skills (control systems)
- Experience in the use of NX 10 or equivalent CAD software
- Experience using SPC to monitor and improve processes
- Experience using Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) tool
Competencies for Success:
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment.
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated /self-reliant, team player
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years