Orbital ATK Careers
Senior Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Process Engineer (Active Current Secret Clearance is required)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Senior Non-Destructive Inspection Process Engineer
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group has an opening for a Senior Non-Destructive Inspection (NDI) Process Engineer. The engineer will work closely with manufacturing engineering and NDI technicians to provide production support for the non-destructive inspections (NDI) of composite structures. Position requires an active Secret DoD Clearance within 5 ½ years of last investigation.
- Support the development & implementation of production NDI techniques for new composite materials and designs
- Support the design, acquisition & implementation of inspection support hardware & tooling
- Support motion control programming for automated scanning of production parts
- Establish instrumentation & scanning parameters for production NDI operations
- Perform setup, scanning, data acquisition, and data analysis in support of development, qualification, training, and troubleshooting efforts
- Support creation of production procedures, work instructions, and interfaces with production control systems
- Provide troubleshooting & recovery support for production NDI systems & operations
- Develop & implement process improvements
- Support production operations
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related
- 5 years minimum applicable experience in automated manufacturing and/or inspection of composites
- This position requires a strong aptitude for automated inspection system’s instrumentation, hardware, & software
Secret DoD Clearance within 5 ½ years of last investigation
US Citizen or Permanent Resident
A strong preference will be placed on those with working knowledge of software applications such as CATIA, National Instruments Labview, Solumina, etc.
Understanding of mathematics, physics, and engineering principles of nondestructive inspection, data acquisition, and motion control
Experience with ultrasonic inspection, thermography, and/or shearography is desirable: Level 3 certification in ultrasonics is a plus.
Basic laboratory / shop skills such as electronics, machine shop tools, rapid prototyping, and metal/plastics fabrication
Experience with instrumentation including measurements and I/O
Report, procedure writing and presentations preparation skills
A motivated self-starter and problem solver who can learn without constant direct supervision.
Position will be located at Clearfield, UT
Equal Opportunity Employer
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2018
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years