Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electro-Mechanical (Night Shift Engineer)
OrbitalATK Aerospace is the world's top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and a leading supplier of military and commercial aircraft structures. It also specializes in small and micro-satellites; satellite components and subsystems; lightweight space deployables and solar arrays; and low-cost, quick-to-market launch solutions; flares and decoys; and energetic materials and related technologies. The group also has extensive experience supporting human and space payload missions.
OrbitalATK is currently recruiting for a Mid-level Electro-Mechanical Night Shift Engineer in our Clearfield, UT location.
This is a night shift role
As the on-shift Electro-Mechanical Engineer you will oversee the Reliability Engineering and assist/guide the maintenance team in the troubleshooting of 5-Axis CNC Machine Tools and other high volume manufacturing equipment. Review existing PLC and HMI programs and becomes completely familiar with the OEM’s operating protocol as it relates to machine motion and control. Provide emphasis to ensure that the correct preventative maintenance procedures are in place and recommend all necessary spare parts to keep the plant operational on a 24/7 basis. This position is a Mid-level Reliability Engineer with the opportunity to grow, working to ensure that all CNC Machines and high volume production equipment perform at their ultimate performance level and maintain a high level of uptime. This is a night shift position (4 on, 4 off), and the successful candidate will be supported by (and support) the Maintenance team as needed. There is considerable latitude for independent action and decision making. You will support our current facility and allow it to grow to the next level of operations and production.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (education will be verified)
- Some knowledge of control systems, especially Allen Bradley or Siemens would be preferred.
- Strong knowledge of 5-Axis Machine Tool operation and function, or other high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in troubleshooting 5-Axis CNC Machine systems, or other high volume manufacturing equipment.
- Basic understanding of carbon composite layup or composite machining is preferred.
- Ability to prepare sound presentations and or shift reports on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Fanuc CNC controls is an advantage.
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Experience in aerospace industry
- Past experience working in high rate manufacturing facilities operating on a 24/7 schedule.
Competencies for Success:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
- Ability to drive projects and processes
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame.
OrbitalATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, OrbitalATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
OrbitalATK is a Drug Free Employer and requires pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years