Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Chief RF Electrical Engineer II (Must have active Secret Clearance to be considered)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently looking for Chief RF Electrical Engineer to work in our Clearfield, UT location.
This position will support electromagnetics and radio frequency (RF) compliance and testing. Working knowledge of RF testing of structures, antennas, radomes, and other aerospace related components is a must.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Active Secret DoD Clearance within 5 ½ years of last investigation
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (ABET), specializing in RF / Electromagnetics; M.S. is desirable
- Minimum 25 years with B.S.
- Relevant experience in aerospace industry, with experience in testing and analysis of LO (RAS) structures, conformal antennas/apertures, arrays, and FSS Radomes
- Prior technical leadership experience
- Solid background in electromagnetics
- RF test (e.g. radar/SAR, far field measurements, and materials characterization)
- Working experience with test and evaluation of microwave devices
- Verification of antenna, radome, and RAS structure performance through prototype fabrication, integration into test fixture(s), and testing
- Experience with commercial RF data analysis software, such as Knowbell and/or Pioneer
- Familiarity with Computational Electromagnetic (CEM) tools
- Provide RF technical leadership to the program
- Efficiently lead cross functional teams
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
- Confer with management, customers, operations, and engineering staff to discuss project specifications and procedures
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Manage and support design/manufacturing approaches to cost strategies
- Technical oversight for proposals
- Review and approve product design and changes
- Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings
- Consult or negotiate with customers to prepare project requirements and specifications
- Mentoring of engineers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working experience within various anechoic test chambers
- Ability to create software algorithms for design, optimization, and data analysis using tools such as MATLAB or FORTRAN
- Proficiency with Computational Electromagnetic (CEM) codes such as HFSS, FEKO, PMM, XPATCH, RAM2D, etc.
- Familiar with common material measurements for the extraction of electrical properties
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes
Ability to work across multiple projects and follow through to completion
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years