Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Principle Systems Engineer 15S to provide leadership within our Aerospace Structures Engineering Team in Clearfield, Utah.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Senior Principle Systems Engineer 15S to provide leadership within our Aerospace Structures Engineering Team in Clearfield, Utah. This role will originally start out in Clearfield, Utah and then move permanently to Magna, Utah after 2-3 months or when facility is completed.
Position requires demonstrated experience in the manufacturing of aircraft structures utilizing composite materials such as carbon and fiberglass prepreg, BMI and epoxy resin systems, and honeycomb core. Candidate must have leadership experience and knowledge of composite manufacturing processes including hand lay-up, bonding, machining, finishing, and coating. Prefer candidates with experience in composite structures for commercial and military aircraft and a history of working directly for, or supplying to, major US prime contractors.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Current, active Security Clearance is required
- Efficiently manage cross functional teams.
- Act as primary customer technical focal point responsible for interpreting designs and specifications and implementing these correctly and efficiently to manufacture a product
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Work with management, customers, operations, and engineering staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Manage and support design to cost strategies and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Lead problem investigation teams to determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Lead the Configuration Control Board (CCB) to ensure that new designs and design changes are properly implemented.
- Direct, review, and approve process design and changes.
- Support functional management with staffing requirements and recruitment.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed.
- Present and explain failure investigations, reports, and findings.
- Consult or negotiate with customers to prepare project requirements and specifications.
- Establish project and technical objectives within broad outlines established by management.
- Estimate and support new business and change proposals.
Technical Job Requirements:
- Composite Aircraft Structures – Demonstrated experience interpreting customer designs and specifications to launch a product into production. Experience with advanced composite materials and manufacturing processes.
- Production Support – Experience supporting manufacturing operations and resolve technical issues and implementing lean manufacturing and cost savings projects.
- BS Degree in an applicable engineering discipline (ME, AE, Civil) (MS Degree preferred)
- 10+ years of applicable experience manufacturing composite parts and assemblies for aircraft applications
- 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent skills in interpersonal communication, writing, and presentations to Orbital ATK and customer project management
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years