Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Pr. Mechanical Technician
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
OrbitalATK.com Dulles Satellite Manufacturing Facility integrates, tests, and launches state-of-the-art geosynchronous satellites, low-Earth-orbit science and technology spacecraft, International Space Station vehicles, and a host of other orbit technologies. We build cool things.
· Hands-on detailed work required, including extremely fragile space product installations, modifications, and general handling.
· Ability to demonstrate detailed technical knowledge in manufacturing including interpreting complex engineering drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
· 100% adherence to established ISO processes, diligence to detail, and efficient execution with quality results for cost effectiveness *absolutely required*.
· Ability to learn quickly. Bonding, taping, torqueing, etc. with delicate honeycomb composite/aluminum panels and aluminum brackets a minimum. Must have "a touch" for delicate equipment. Must have virtually zero defects in workmanship.
· Ability to proactively identify issues, escalate to appropriate channels, and *offer* solutions to engineering for review. Works independently with QA on difficult/challenging solutions and projects from Engineering.
· Ability to work with diverse team, take constructive feedback from QA support personnel, and understudy with assigned mentor for up to 3 months is required.
· Responsible and evaluated for performance metrics with heavy emphasis on the *I&T team's* overall quality of work, efficiency, and process improvements. Proactively helps improve the team's performance in numerous disciplines.
· Experience with working inside Clean Rooms, Hazardous Material Handling, Hazardous Operations protocols, and related operational protocols required.
· Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, general computer handling, and Tool Control required. ESD, FOD, and 5S management techniques required. 3D CAD, TipQA, Windchill, and CREOView preferred.
· Knowledge of advanced machine shop principles helpful. Little to no machine shop work is done by I&T Techs, but interfacing with Machine Dept. required on occasion.
· Ability to teach and constructively critique new hires required. Occasional assignments of a mentee for up to 9 months required.
· Ability to foresee and communicate multiple project level tasks and interactions beyond day today assignments with Estimates to Completes. Helps plan look ahead and avoid pitfalls with projects and its leadership. Participates in complex nonconformance resolutions.
· Industry knowledge of new processes and materials, with continual efforts for cost reduction and process improvements. Ability to research, propose improvements, develop ROI, test, and communicate with management regarding new proposals.
· Focus for this level is *team management and innovation* through cross product line tactical operations, process improvements, solutions. All operations require a "Buddy system" for checks and balances.
- Second/third shift 24/7, weekend work, and occasional 4+ weeks travel on launch campaigns (international travel) are *required* of everyone. Occasional short-term projects with travel required.
A High School Diploma or General Education Degree or equivalent experience is required. An Associates
Degree (AA/AS) or equivalent experience is preferred.
10 years of related experience is required.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED