Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer. This position can be located at our Elkton, Maryland or San Jose, CA office.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission, whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Perform analysis, design, or test of complex designs under the direction from more senior engineers. Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. May also oversee, with senior engineer oversight, component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
- Perform design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the design of complex components, structures, and sub-assemblies, with limited supervision
- Responds in a timely manner to all requests, explores all avenues within authority, and makes appropriate referrals to other sources.
- Makes thoughtful and valuable suggestions and recommendations for improving own work and/or group’s work.
- Establish requirements for materials, structural components, and functional systems.
- Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution.
- Develop original ideas on preliminary design concepts with other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
- Document results of analysis, test, and design activities.
- Prepares and presents mechanical engineering materials for Requirements and Design Reviews.
- Supports and leads the testing and/or evaluation/validation of an electromechanical components, subsystem, or system analytical model.
- Supports trade studies for component or system level designs.
Education and Experience:
- Requires BS in Engineering & 2 years or Masters in Engineering.
- Able to obtain a Security Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Desired Ability and Experience:
- Knowledge of Mentor Graphics electrical design and analysis tools is desired, covering: schematic capture, board layout, circuit analysis/simulation, HDL simulation and verification.
- Application of Xilinx and/or Microsemi FPGAs and the development of HDL code within the corresponding IDE is desired.
- Knowledge of Matlab / Simulink
- Control algorithm design and analysis experience
- Comfortable with hands on test and evaluation of prototype hardware with a learn-by-doing attitude.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Expertise: EAC, Engineering