Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Electrical Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more complex designs, which require use of ingenuity and creativity and without detailed direction from more senior engineers. Based on generally defined problems, study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved. Without detailed direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with more senior engineers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design.
May also oversee component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test. May also oversee, with senior engineer support, subsystem supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the design of electrical systems, command and data handling systems, payload integration, etc.
- Lead electrical technology assessments and electrical system level architecture trade studies, electrical system definition, and electrical subsystem level requirements flow-down (analysis and allocation)
- Lead/coordinate electrical avionics team as required
- Perform CAM activities as required
- Managing and reporting EVMS as required by program
- Develop cost estimates for proposals and programs as required
- Develops and manages schedule and resources as required by the program / project
- Effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering team
- Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable at the avionics digital and analog telemetry level
- Supports operation of satellite electrical systems by evaluating and interpreting needs and problems and develops effective approaches to resolving those issues
- Analyze and interprets requirements at the space vehicle level and flows down requirements to lower level specifications
- Evaluates and coordinates electrical system designs to ensure system-level requirements are met
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required
- Develop space vehicle level interface designs
- Provides technical coordination of vendors and suppliers
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to technical issues associated with specific projects
- Analyzes and designs avionics systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years