Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Test Engineer
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Principal Test Engineer for our Elkton, Maryland office.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
Under broad direction, develop system testing scope, plan and estimates in collaboration with QA. Evaluate and recommend changes and/or tools to improve processes.
- Provides strong technical leadership in the office and field as the mechanical test engineering subject matter expert.
- Defines testing requirements, develop Test Plans and write Test Procedures.
- Executes tests, manages and prioritizes problems/failures.
- Reviews and evaluates test results and provides summary reports.
- Works with cross functional, multi-discipline test teams. Interfaces with technicians, customers, vendors and management teams to resolve problems.
- Works directly with energetic test arrangements in the field and provides onsite mechanical and electrical/instrumentation troubleshooting support.
- Perform Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leadership Role.
- Experience with dynamic (vibration/shock) testing desired.
Education and Experience
- Requires BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering & 10 years or Masters in Engineering & 7 years or PhD in Engineering & 5 years.
- Requires 10 years of experience in testing rocket motors and/or jet engines.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to obtain a security clearance if needed
- A high degree of computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office and Matlab applications and multiple test and drawing programs, and statistics is necessary.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to write and deliver presentations in front of senior management and customers.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Regulations, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Lean/Six Sigma, Engineering, Specifications, Tolerance specifications, Manufacturing performance measurement tools, Engineering