Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Manufacturing Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
1) Responsible for coordination of efforts to modernize industrial control systems and hardware. Work with process experts to create automation specifications and develop implementation resources to meet program/process requirements. Typically PLC based Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems as well as single loop controllers.
2) Supports the processes involved in manufacturing initiators, igniters and thrust control systems.
3) Owns the manufacturing process with in depth understanding of the requirements, process, equipment, tooling & techniques as learned through in depth process analysis, participation, process observation, and communication with the cross functional team
4) Coordinating (Project Engineering, Tooling, Quality, Facility & Production personnel) the design & documentation of safe & affordable manufacturing processes.
5) Identifying & monitoring the Key Process Parameters using Statistical Process Control
6) Evaluating opportunities for improvement of existing processes, conducting trials & verifications for improvements through a robust change process, and implementing verified changes.
7) Non-Conformance investigation to determine Root cause & Corrective Action for Process related non-conformances.
8) Defining requirements for new/repaired facilities equipment used in the production or products
9) Developing the scope of work and related estimates for proposal activity
10) Supporting production personnel on the floor as required
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other related engineering discipline required
- 10 or more years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment supporting operations and equipment.
- Project leadership experience
- Experience with designing and programming process automation and industrial controls, Electrical assembly experience preferred
- Ability to acquire a Security Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Requires some off shift and weekend work
Competencies for Success:
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment.
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Excellent computer skills. Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years