Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Controls Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK Inc. is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK Missile Products is a division of Defense Group. We are seeking a Sr. Principal Software Engineer for embedded propulsion control system algorithms and Matlab/Simulink performance model development. Based on goal-oriented objectives, develop, create and modify physics based system performance models and control algorithms and verify compliance to system level requirements. Coordinates with members of multi-functional team to develop innovative solutions.
This position can be located at our Elkton, MD or San Jose, CA office.
- Lead the development of system performance models and the associated control algorithms
- Verify, document, and present that proposed solutions meet performance requirements under defined system parameter variations
- Participate in system requirements review, preliminary and critical design reviews, and integration readiness review and software acceptance reviews. Manages and analyzes requirements, and designs, develops and tests complex software systems. Support program management office in technical role.
- Advise and interact with customer personnel on technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
- Act as technical lead for pre-proposal, proposal and existing program efforts. Represent the company as the primary customer contact on contracts or projects.
Education and Experience
- Requires BS in Engineering & 10 years or Masters in Engineering & 7 years or PhD in Engineering & 5 years.
- Significant experience developing physics based performance models for complex systems and the associated control algorithms.
- Experience using Matlab and Simulink Applications is required.
- Experience working within a model based develop environment is a plus.
- Experience working with electromechanical systems and hypersonic engines is a plus.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years