Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Proposal Manager - Programs
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Proposal Manager to join our team in Northridge, CA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Orbital ATK.
In this role you will manage the proposal process for complex development, production and repair proposals for DoD customers. You will also validate compliance with proposal requirements and lead a team to successfully submit a proposal by the customer provided deadline, establish and maintain a compliant outline, a proposal schedule, a compliance matrix, style convention guidelines, and be adept at overall RFP analysis. You will also be responsible for coordinating post proposal submittal activities including RFI responses and fact finding meetings. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage more than one proposal at a time and a willingness to work extended hours and utilize your leadership skills while assisting other proposal team staff in meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate will also provide proofreading skills, possess a keen attention to detail and handle stressful situations and demonstrate your dependability and exceptional customer service skills.
- Analyze the RFP and make associated proposal process and content judgments.
- Assemble and lead cross-functional teams (Program management, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, Business Development, Contracts and Finance) to deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within Customer-defined requirements and timeframes
- Provide guidance to capture manager and proposal team members
- Define style conventions based on proposal standards and the RFP
- Establish and maintain proposal schedule, compliant outline, and compliance matrix
- Create, as needed, requirement and compliance matrixes of RFP requirements
- Gathers and submits RFP/RFI questions and responses
- Plans and leads kick-off, status meetings and all color review
- Ensure proposal compliance with RFP requirements
- Initiates and ensures RFP and appropriate proposal sections are reviewed by legal, contracts, and EICO, as required (working with capture manager)
- Ensures completion of required forms by the appropriate personnel
- Prepares review packages and provides necessary guidance
- Establishes and maintains the SharePoint workspace
- Coordinates with and supports graphics and production efforts
- Reviews all sections
- Signs off on all final sections for print
- Ensures on time production and communicates delivery plan
- May participate in contract negotiations
- May manage multiple proposals in the same timeframe
- Creates a positive work environment, demonstrates a professional attitude and meets established goals and responsibilities while working in cooperation with colleagues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or technically related discipline
- 10 years’ proven successful experience managing, writing and coordinating Federal Government proposals of moderate to high complexity
- Experience in leading proposal team members in the consistent use of processes and procedures. Responsible for management of proposal management team.
- Experience working with proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities
- Strong analytical, organizational and managerial skills
- The ability to use standard English writing styles and structures to write proposal sections; including the ability to research and synthesize information from multiple sources (subject matter experts, previous proposals) into a cohesive, and persuasive final product.
- Experience at identifying data that is needed for 100% compliance with the RFP
- Ability to effectively participate in proposal review meetings
- Able to balance multiple projects and work to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and under tight deadlines
- Ability to work with teams and individuals of varying working styles
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project), Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years