Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assoc. HR Generalist
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for an Associate Human Resources Generalist, in Northridge, California to join our Defense Electronic Systems group.
- Create and provide HR ad hoc Reports for HR Metrics, special reports and miscellaneous requests from leadership
- Conduct New Hire Orientation for regular and temporary employees
- Maintain personnel filing system
- Coordinate Lunch and Learns
- Provide HR support to line managers and employees, explaining procedures and policies
- Serve as division coordinator for annual Engineering new grad hiring and intern programs
- Independently coordinate and manage a variety of projects
- Assist HR Business Partners with consulting work as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve HR practices, processes, and systems, and assist in developing and implementing them
- Assist employees and leaders with HR activities related to compensation and benefits, employee relations and other activities as directed by leadership
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have the capacity to understand people issues impacting the business
- Demonstrate high integrity in business interactions and honor personal commitments
- Possess the proven ability to provide verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively
- Have proven ability to influence others
- Be self-motivated and resourceful
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Minimum requirements include experience in human resource administration, including experience with a Human Resource Information System (HRIS); preferably PeopleSoft
- Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel, experience in Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Customer service oriented and able to work independently with little supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field
- Minimum of 2 years progressively responsible HR experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Expertise: Human Resources