Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Engineering MGR.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures..
Sr. MGR of Engineering
This Orbital ATK Defense Electronics Systems position is for a Sr. MGR of Engineering (Chief Engineer) for an ACAT- 1 Tactical Missile Production program. The position requires state-of-art expertise in weapon system design, systems engineering, software engineering, aerodynamics, aircraft integration, solid rocket motors and warheads. Familiarity with RADAR systems, EW systems, and other signal processing systems and methods is preferred. System design and engineering development and production experience is necessary as this position will require technical leadership and know how while transitioning new technology into a full rate production program. Skills and experience in multi-discipline engineering, systems integration and test are essential. As the Technical Director, the successful candidate is expected to have significant experience with overall project technical direction and leadership. The successful applicant will also be expected to be the primary technical advocate and liaison with the customer community, OA Senior Leadership, and other stakeholder’s for these systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Senior technical engineer assigned to executing a full rate production program, while, at the same time, incorporating new technology/upgrade capabilities; all within cost and schedule.
- Senior technical engineer responsible for the total integration of the airframe, subsystems and new RF systems for a full rate production tactical missile program.
- Identify capital, facility, and other resource requirements to secure discretionary funding to support production needs.
- Ensure hiring plans and staff development are coordinated and aligned with Engineering and Program Management.
- Familiarity with engineering lab needs for Software and Hardware development, and coordinate with Engineering/program Management on capability needs and capacity strategy.
- Be the technical SME and liaison with the customer, program leadership, executive leadership, and other customer stakeholders
- Lead and conduct technical reviews and readiness reviews to assure quality of the design artifacts
- Support proposal development and substantiation of related contract activities
- Lead a diverse engineering team through the development of an ACAT-1 Missile Production program.
- 15-20 years minimum experience in Missile Development, product life-cycle engineering, manufacturing; preferably in defense and aerospace systems.
- 15 years minimum experience in leadership of technical teams to include in-house development and subcontractor activities
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent required; MS preferred
- Multi-disciplinary engineering experience desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present complex topics with vision and clarity (written and verbal)
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance required. Active security clearance preferred and top secret desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years