Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This Orbital ATK Defense Electronics Systems position is for a Technical Director (Chief Engineer) for an ACAT- 1 Tactical Missile Production program. The position requires state-of-art expertise in weapon system design, systems engineering, software engineering, aerodynamics, aircraft integration, solid rocket motors and warheads. Familiarity with RADAR systems, EW systems, and other signal processing systems and methods is preferred. System design and engineering development and production experience is necessary as this position will require technical leadership and know how while transitioning new technology into a full rate production program. Skills and experience in multi-discipline engineering, systems integration and test are essential. As the Technical Director, the successful candidate is expected to have significant experience with overall project technical direction and leadership. The successful applicant will also be expected to be the primary technical advocate and liaison with the customer community, OA Senior Leadership, and other stakeholder’s for these systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Senior technical engineer assigned to executing a full rate production program, while, at the same time, incorporating new technology/upgrade capabilities; all within cost and schedule.
- Senior technical engineer responsible for the total integration of the airframe, subsystems and new RF systems for a full rate production tactical missile program.
- Identify capital, facility, and other resource requirements to secure discretionary funding to support production needs.
- Ensure hiring plans and staff development are coordinated and aligned with Engineering and Program Management.
- Familiarity with engineering lab needs for Software and Hardware development, and coordinate with Engineering/program Management on capability needs and capacity strategy.
- Be the technical SME and liaison with the customer, program leadership, executive leadership, and other customer stakeholders
- Lead and conduct technical reviews and readiness reviews to assure quality of the design artifacts
- Support proposal development and substantiation of related contract activities
- Lead a diverse engineering team through the development of an ACAT-1 Missile Production program.
- 15-20 years minimum experience in Missile Development, product life-cycle engineering, manufacturing; preferably in defense and aerospace systems.
- 15 years minimum experience in leadership of technical teams to include in-house development and subcontractor activities
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent required; MS preferred
- Multi-disciplinary engineering experience desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to present complex topics with vision and clarity (written and verbal)
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance required. Active security clearance preferred and top secret desired
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years